Friday, June 5, 2009

A feel of AcCoMpLiShMeNt!

I know it has been a while since I have posted...I need to get better at this!

First, I wanted you to know I will be teaching at Scrapista this year in September! I am so excited to be part of a special scrapbooking event / retreat. This will actually be my first time teaching a class outside of Archiver's and I am ready! I will be teaching a mini-album class and I am LoViNg the class sample....the sneak peek will be up soon on the Scrapista website. :o)

Well, since my Grandma has passed away some things in my life have changed. When Brett and I drive down to Warner Robins to visit family, we always go by and see my Grandpa. He is doing good since his wife passed away, but he misses her so much (we all do). I have realized and I know you are not supposed to dwell on the past, but I actually visit with my Grandpa more than I did when my Grandma was with us. But, when I am there, I can feel her pressence and I know she is happy that I am there with Grandpa. I believe God sends your loved ones in a form of something they loved, my Grandma LoVeD butterflies! Since she passed, I have seen more butterflies fluttering around than I have before. I miss you Grandma!

Other than that, I have changed one of my lifestyles, that is my health. My best friend, Tonya, and I joined a local gym by our office. They were having a special go to the gym for 6 weeks for $20. So, we decided we would go just for 6 weeks, this is me on Day One, March 16, 2009.





We had a couple of free personal training sessions with Rodney, he is GrEaT! After the couple of sessions and deciding what our goals were, we decided to purchase some sessions with him and continue to go to the gym. The gym fee is $30 per month and we go Monday through Thursday, so we decided it would be worth it, especially with swimsuit season approaching. We would meet with our trainer every Monday and Tuesday - Thursday we would do our fitness routine. Well, through all the sweat, tears, and hardwork, it has definitely paid off! We just finished our twelve week training on Thursday, June 4th. Here me at 12 weeks:



After twelve weeks, I have lost 7.5 inches, 5 pounds, and 2% body fat! Guess what, I am not done yet. Going to the gym has given me more motivation, confidence, and a lot of energy! It also helps when you work out with a friend because you are there to support each other.

Ok, I promise I will get better at these posts! Oh yeah, I just found I my little brother, the baby of the family, is getting married next year! I am happy for my brother and looking forward to having a great sister-in-law.

Later ~ Jennifer

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

that's awesome! congrats!